About MKB FintechlabFintechlab is the CEE region’s leading Fintech innovation lab and startup accelerator, backed by MKB Bank. Based in Budapest, Hungary, we build a community of innovators, incubate and invest in startups and broker technology partnerships between MKB and the startup world.
Our team is built on 3 core values: excellence, collaboration, and value-creation. We strive for perfection in our daily work and put a significant emphasis on delivering excellence to our partners and stakeholders. We are working with MKB Bank on building the bank of the future, which includes involvement and leadership in digital products and value propositions.
Becoming MKB Fintechlab’s Experience Designer is a unique opportunity to get a 360-degree view on innovation in the financial services sector - from internal product development to working with startups. We are looking for a creative and entrepreneur at heart who will join us in building the future of financial services.
MKB Fintechlab’s design journeyWe are creating solutions that solve real customer problems both in the physical and digital space. To enhance our capabilities, we are building a multidisciplinary team of experienced leaders, researchers, and designers. We work hand-in-hand with MKB Bank to accelerate its digital transformation and integrate the design thinking and customer experience approaches into their organization. With this toolkit under our belt, we can consciously design customer experiences that truly fit user needs.
Role descriptionWe are looking for an experienced designer with a passion for fintech, showing strong interest in the digital transformation of the banking sector. The ideal candidate wants to bring new ideas on the market, always starting first from the customers and their needs.
Once Here You will...
- work closely with the management of MKB Fintechlab daily.
- be a part of a challenging, yet rewarding digital transformation towards a more customer-centric organization.
- cooperate with bankers, business developers, product owners, IT experts, UX researchers to oversee the development of a product from idea to launch.
- participate in discussions with managers and key stakeholders of MKB Bank to represent the design and user perspective.
- collaborate in user research, conduct qualitative user interviews, devise and facilitate usability test sessions, analyze data and present findings with recommendations to the stakeholder team.
- support the product team by applying your craft, so your tasks will include creating conceptual designs, wireframing, UI design, prototyping, and usability testing.
- Mentor and inspire designers, give and seek feedback in order to deliver exceptional products and continuously evolve the product development process.
Key RequirementsFirst and foremost, we believe in empathy- both towards our stakeholders and our customers. We find that compassion is one of the main success criteria of any transformation, and we are looking for #people who believe in #people. Other things that will make you successful as our new teammate:
- Collaboration: You are eager to collaborate in business/product decision-making that is supported by a strong understanding of product owner needs.
- Proactivity: There is no blueprint for digital transformation. We are helping a legacy organization unlearn its old habits, and work together toward a better, more customer-centric future, which requires us to be constructive and proactive facilitators.
- Design: You are capable of synthesizing research data, creating design deliverables that reflect the findings (e.g. persona creation, empathy mapping, storyboarding), and defining user flow, establishing information architecture, and expressing these in wireframes and prototypes using Sketch, Axure, and Marvell.
- Open-mindedness: You are eager to learn the fundamentals of the banking industry or you already have relevant industry experience.
- Empathy & cooperation: You have excellent communication skills, you know how to get buy-in from stakeholders with your ideas. You prefer data to opinions and put user feedback before intuitions.
- Facilitation: You are a facilitator and you help the project team understand new tools and techniques and solve difficult problems with the help of your design toolkit.
- Storytelling: You can tell any story or major accomplishment in an impactful way with ease and emphasize key points, leaving your mark on the audience, and as a result, on the organization. .